In my term, Saskatoon has been the economic engine of the province, leading in job creation and infrastructure investments that improve the quality of life for individuals and families. We did this while maintaining the second-lowest business taxes in the country.
- Since 2016, the job growth in Saskatoon has been 7% while the rest of the province has been 2%.
- Saskatoon has seen over 60% of all employment increases in Saskatchewan.
- 94% of the $114 million of venture capital investment in Saskatchewan last year was invested in Saskatoon.
- Through the Mayor’s Roundtable on Infill, we worked with the development industry to overhaul the development process, cut red tape and establish a new way of working between City Hall and industry. There are now close to 1,000 residential units in the queue for the city centre.
- With SREDA, I spearheaded Saskatoon’s first-ever Economic Growth Strategy, to build on our competitive advantages, locally and globally.